https://eioki.eu/2013/07/02/live-resize-libvirt-disk-lvm-multipath (tested and works, no downtime on guest)
- apt-get install libguestfs-tools to get virt-resize
debug io trouble: sysstat package + iosat -x 2 5 http://bencane.com/2012/08/06/troubleshooting-high-io-wait-in-linux/ do a page on debugging iostat and how to solve
- Monitoring diskspace
- Network planning
- Keyscript should try thrice
- Create a page about manual DNSs updates and nsupdate
- Spice and TLS write a ssection about spice and TLS, check this to set up the TLS certificates on kvm02 /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf
- KVM guest types are in package osinfo-db
- move gluster07 to dedicated hardware, so the arbiter works as expected.
- Do some pages on optimizations, this is both network, diskio etc. BUT redundancy and stability comes first.
- Do some pages on security, for now redundancy comes first
- virsh capabilities to check what the hardware can do
- debian package, debian-goodies, contains command checkrestart
spice compression protocols https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsGraphics
- describe the use of debian command "virt-host-validate"
- describe installing XP, floppy, and remove floppy when cloning
- describe installing win7, two cdroms, but set up as disks with device=cdrom instead of --cdrom option
spice protocol https://www.spice-space.org/spice-user-manual.html
spice clients https://virt-manager.org/download/
- take a look at mandos to boot from encrypted root filesystem
- perhaps we should change to powerdns at some point, since it can run a master/master setup
- delete all crm configuration "rm /var/lib/heartbeat/crm/cib*"
- ceph, drbd, tahoe-lafs, moosefs, sheepdog, petasan
bug in virt-clone https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=947150
syncthing on central server https://theselfhostingblog.com/posts/how-to-set-up-a-headless-syncthing-network/
Debian does raid resync on sundays, https://serverfault.com/questions/255544/reason-for-automatic-raid-resync
alternative bridge settings might be required
# bridging eth0 as br0 auto br0 iface br0 inet dhcp # bridge specific settings #bridge_stp on #bridge_maxwait 0 #bridge_fd 0 #bridge_ports eth0 bridge_ports eth0 bridge_fd 9 bridge_hello 2 bridge_maxage 12 bridge_stp off # network settings